In this quick and easy post, I’m going to show you how to make two amazing and all-natural masks with a main ingredient – a ripe avocado. These treatments will leave your hair and skin feeling rejuvenated and hydrated. Tried and tested by yours truly!
The weather this time of year can be very harsh on our skin and hair. The cold and dry wind can irritate the skin and leave your hair feeling dry and brittle.
Airconditioners are also a big enemy! The drastic change from cold to warm (sometimes the change may vary between 10°C and 20°C to even 30°C) stresses out our bodies, making them readjust to a different temperature in a short matter of time. This often leads to joint pains and dehydration…
In these situations, it’s key to drink lots of water to retain the moisture and take good care of your skin and hair. Rich face moisturizers, SPF creams, good deep conditioning hair masks, and oils are a great way to prevent hair and skin damage, as well as regular homemade treatments.
For this one you will need:
- 1 Avocado – Avocados are rich in healthy fats, protein, and fibres, as well as Vitamins K, B9, B6, B5, C and E.
- 1 Egg white – Egg whites contain around 69 different proteins and maintain the elasticity of the skin. They also fight acne and rosacea.
- 2 tbs of honey – Honey is a natural humectant. It draws the moisture from the air into the skin and hair. This is one of the key ingredients you should use in your conditioning masks because it guarantees long-lasting hydration.
- 3 tbs of raw coconut oil – Coconut oil is famous for helping you burn fat, but it also works great on skin, nails, and hair. The lauric acid that is found in coconut oil kills bacteria and fungi. It helps with skin and hair damage and is great at moisturizing.
- 3 tbs of extra virgin olive oil – Extra virgin olive contains a lot of antioxidants and vitamin E. It’s known for helping with the repair of skin damage. It penetrates deep into the skin and hair shafts, providing moisture. It’s perfect for all hair and skin types and doesn’t clog pores.
Carve out the avocado with a spoon.
Mix in 3 tbs of avocado with raw coconut oil and mix it all together.
Add the egg white into the mixture.
After you’ve mixed all the ingredients into a nice consistency apply the mask on clean face for about 10 to 15 minutes.
After you rinse it out apply your favourite moisturizer to seal in all the nutrients and moisture into the skin.
Mix the olive oil, the rest of the avocado (or use as much as you want, depending on your hair length) and the honey into a consistency and apply it to your hair. I personally leave it in for about an hour, but you can rinse it out after 30 minutes.
For an added boost put on a plastic bag and a warm towel. This will heat up the mask and open the hair follicles, which will lead to better absorption of the ingredients.
Ооо, трябва да пробвам тази маска за коса, въпреки че ще се разделя с авокадото си за закуска 😀 Снимките са върха ииии от къде са ти правоъгълните и квадратни купички? Точно такива си търся от известно време 🙂
Много лесно и полезно! Харесаха ми тези маски!
Кхъ, кхъ…изглежда ми супер….вкусно! Ще пробвам като маска за коса! 🙂